Following the Diocese of California safe church policies, Church of the Resurrection has adopted these guidelines for adult employees and volunteers who work with children and youth in church programs, and all people who have keys to the church. This process brings our congregation into compliance with the Diocese of California safe church policy standards:
Online Training, Background Check and Volunteer Application:
- All employees and adult volunteers who work with children and youth in church programs, and all people who have keys to the church, must take an hour-long online course found on Diocesan Safe Church Policies Site. Please print out a certificate of completion and give the church of copy of the certificate. Detailed directions are available here.
- All employees and adult volunteers who work with children and youth in church programs will need to fill out the Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteers and participants will need to fill out and submit the following forms, when relevant:
- It's a good idea to familiarize yourself withe the full diocesan policy, Called to Right Relationship. This policy is also available in hard copy at the office of Church of the Resurrection.
- Church of the Resurrection will be intentional about ensuring that at least two adults will always be present with any group of kids, and that we maintain a 1/5 ration of adults to youth.
- Additional training TBD will eventually be required for leaders of programs involving youth and children.