CHURCH OF THE RESURRECTION
RECTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE
First Row: Lori Vella, Theresa Nagle, Carol Held, Davida Pugh, Laura Gianello, Sheila Hasset Hughes
Second Row: Russ Bratburd, Marshall Wells, Myron Backus, Scott Wilson
The Rector Search Committee is appointed by and accountable to the Vestry and is charged with conducting a prayerful, thorough and thoughtful search and evaluation of qualified candidates for the position of Rector of Church of the Resurrection Episcopal Church.
Members of the Search Committee include:
Lori Vella (co-chair)
Scott Wilson (co-chair)
Laura Gianello (vestry representative)
Sheila Hassell Hughes
Marshall Wells (vestry representative)
On July 29, 2012 the Search Committee was commissioned and on August 4 was given the following charge:
The Rector Search Committee is appointed by and accountable to the Vestry and is charged with conducting a prayerful, thorough and thoughtful search and evaluation of qualified candidates for the position of Rector of Church of the Resurrection Episcopal Church. The Vestry directs the Search Committee to conduct this search for as long as necessary for the successful completion of its charge and anticipates that the committee will be able to complete this process within 12-15 months, but is open to receiving a request from the Search Committee for an extension of time if necessary.
The Search Committee shall:
- Work with the Interim Rector to create and implement the process for parish self-evaluation.
- Consult, collaborate and partner with the Diocesan Transition Minister on a regular basis.
- Prepare and publish, with the approval of the Vestry and Diocesan Transition Minister, a Parish Profile (Executive Summary) and Office for Transition Ministry Portfolio.
- Determine from the parish self-evaluation, and in accordance with the Parish Profile (Executive Summary), the mission, vision and values of the parish, and the gifts, characteristics and leadership skills desired in the new rector.
- Create and implement the application process.
- Receive and review applications and conduct candidate interviews.
- Submit to the Vestry no fewer than three final candidates.
- Conduct its work in accordance with the canons of the Diocese of California and the Episcopal Church.
- Report monthly to the Vestry as to the progress of its work.
- Regularly update the parish on its process and progress via multiple sources (verbal announcements, website, e-blasts) as consistent with its guidelines for confidentiality.
- Limit its spending to its allotted budget of $8,000.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as to the identity and evaluation of candidates.
- Consider candidates on the basis of qualifications and without discrimination based on age, gender, race, sexual orientation, family status or disability.